Thursday, December 27, 2007

8 week ultrasound!

What a relief to finally "see" the baby for the first time! I'm measuring a day behind where I thought I was so my new due date is August 6th, 2008. The heart rate was strong at 167 beats per minute and it was the most amazing thing to see it and hear it beating through the ultrasound! Wow, this really makes it feel real!

Check out this short video of the ultrasound. The baby is facing straight on and if you look at the center of it's chest, you can see the heart beating! So amazing!

4 comments:

Schneiderdoodle said...

That is the neatest thing!! I knew they had videos nowadays but I have never actually seen one. Congratulations!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow Christie!!!!!!!!! I am so happy for you... how amazing and exciting!!!!

Congrats to you and your hubby!!!!

Becky said...

167 for the heartbeat - that means GIRL!!! Okay, maybe it is just an old wives tale but it was true in my case and with my friends! Having just gone through this, don't hesitate to call if you have any questions or just need a sympathetic ear!

Cindy Crawford said...

I'm hoping that your delivery is delayed by three days (sorry!) but wouldn't it be neat for the baby's birth date to be 08/08/08!