Friday, July 4, 2008

35 Week Doctor's Appointment

My 35 week appointment was yesterday and the baby has descended well into the pelvic area and my cervix is starting to soften and efface, but no dilation yet. Yay for progress though! I guess I just worry that things won't progress like they naturally do for other women! News flash - everything is normal!!! I'm measuring 34 cm and the heart beat sounds good. I'm up 23 pounds with 5 weeks to go.

Oh, and the internal exam was such a non-event! When people tell me their horror stories about things like glucose tests and internal exams, I kindly remind them that if that's the worst thing they've experienced, then they have led a very blessed life in terms of medical interventions. And I honestly mean that. I consider myself to be very blessed in terms of illnesses, surgeries, and procedures, but even just recovering from stitches or a broken bone or minor surgery is 100x's worse than a glucose test or internal exam!

I think it's just good to keep things in perspective sometimes!

No comments: