Friday, May 2, 2008

Baby Girl Names

We've decided that if we have a boy, his name will be Scott Matthew. We aren't quite so sure what we'll name the baby if it's a girl. Please vote using the poll in the sidebar for your favorite.

Here's a little background on your choices. I was born Christina but called Christie. This has kind of been tricky growing up because I have a formal name that no one calls me but is used on all official paperwork, and then I have the name that I go by. I would really prefer to name our child what we are going to call him or her. If you see one name listed (as in Lia) that means we would name and call her Lia, but if you see two names listed, then that means we would name her the first name, but call her by the second name.

Baby girl's middle name would be Lynn in every scenario.

Malia, but call her Lia
Malia
Lia
Alison, but call her Ali
Ali
Brooke
Kaley

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love Malia Lynn. What a beautiful name. I really like Lia too, I just don't really like Lia Lynn. ;) Oh, and I voted on the side!

Jennifer said...

I love Lia - but like Kristal didn't really like Lia Lynn. I vote for Malia.

Anonymous said...

I liked Lia best, too...but while I totally support the middle name of Lynn ;), I agree that it isn't the best paired with Lia. (and while Brooke is a good child-to-adult transitioning name, Brooke Lynn sounds like Brooklyn to me). My second vote is Alison, call her Ali. My opinion is that the nice side of having 2 names is that she has options when she gets older...and I'm envisioning my that if she was simply Ali, she would get asked all the time anyway if it's Alison, or be "corrected" and asked to write her full first name (even though she already had)...or possibly be pronounced like the boxer... (yes, I do overthink stuff sometimes)

All About Amelia said...

i also love malia. i am a jennifer so i could always go by jenn, jenny, or jennifer. i would have hated it to be named "jenny" even though it is what my mom calls me. i think kids deserve a proper name. allison is my second fav too. good luck!!

The Girly Girls said...

how funny, i had the exact same thoughts when naming our kids. i always hated having the full name of Rebecca, and going by Becky. There are so many issues. So, all our kids have been given names that can't be shortened, Haley, Maya, and Caleb. I voted for Malia, so cute! But I have a real soft spot for Brooke, that name was on our short list for Maya.