Tuesday, May 20, 2008

What's been going on lately...

It's been a while since I posted! We've been so involved with our bathroom remodel that the pregnancy just seems to be flying by unnoticed!

One thing I have noticed recently is how tight my stomach is getting. And with that tightness has come some weight gain! Once again, I went through a growth spurt and managed to gain 5 pounds in the past 4 weeks, bringing my total weight gain to this point at 16 pounds! It's strange to step on the scale and see these high numbers and not be concerned about it! I just don't want the weight gain to get out of control and to a point where it's excessive and hard to lose after the baby comes.

I had a shower thrown by friends over the past weekend and received some great gifts for the baby! Among the many things were a Boppy Lounger, Swing, Baby First Aid Kit, everything to stock my diaper bag, a Diaper Dekor disposal system, a baby bathtub, a Gymini Play Mat, and assorted blankets, hooded towels, outfits!


In other news, I had my 29 week appointment today and also met with a pediatrician yesterday. Both went well. I'm happy with the pediatrician that we are going with and everything is measuring as it should be and the heart beat sounds strong. The baby is still transverse (sideways). In another 4 to 5 weeks if the baby hasn't figured it out on it's own yet, there are some exercises and positions that I can get into to encourage the baby to go head down. Also, accupuncture is a consideration, but again, I want to give the baby a chance to show me he or she can manage this process on their own!
A 30 week belly picture coming soon!

4 comments:

Jenny said...

Did you get your baby car shade as well? Lol. I think I have insomnia.. I CANT SLEEP! Oh and I have to be up by 5 am tomorrow morning for work!
This sucks!!!

Donna V said...

Sounds like you had a great shower Christie!
Any more decisions on a girl name yet? I was stuck between Alison and Malia when I voted. :)

Christie & Roger said...

Jenny - yes, we got the car roller shade from Doug & Stacey! They actually sent it along with a lot of other things before the actual shower date so when I opened it at home, I had to laugh!

Donna - Our girl name decision process has taken a new turn lately. Two great grandmothers of mine have passed away during this pregnancy (the latest just a few days ago) so our focus has shifted towards family names. The two great grandmothers that passed away were Marie and Lucille (or Lucy) and Roger's grandmother who passed away years ago (but they were very close) was Lillie. Also, I had a third great grandmother pass away a little over a year ago and her name was Millie. We haven't made a decision yet, but these family names are definitely being considered in conjunction with my favorites.

Anonymous said...

I had to laugh when I read your comment about the baby girl names taking a turn! I think Lucy is really cute too -- it was actually a name I had on my list!