Thursday, May 1, 2008

27 week belly

It feels like I'm getting ready to go through another growth spurt so stay tuned for further updates!

We start Lamaze classes tonight (or as Roger likes to call them - LeMans class). I had my one hour glucose test on Monday and the results came back today. I passed with a test result of 101 mg/dl. Anything under 130 to 140 is fine and doesn't require the additional 3 hour glucose test. Now here's a situation where I researched too much and read too many people's "horror" stories about the glucose test and worried myself for no reason! I had five minutes to drink the drink and I expected to need every bit of those five minutes based on how terrible I thought the drink would taste! I finished it in one minute. To me, it tasted just a little bit sweeter than regular orange soda. It certainly was not the end of the world! I didn't get nauseous, sweaty, light headed, dizzy, or weak at any point during the test. I brought a book, read about 50 pages, and had my blood drawn an hour later. End of story! Bottom line - don't research something too much ahead of time and don't get caught up in people's bad experiences!


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GORGEOUS! :)
I love how your standing in the same spot each time! :)

All About Amelia said...

i agree - i downed the orange drink. it wasn't bad at all :)

Anonymous said...

Oh Christie!! You are so cute...I can't wait to get my camera on you in a few months. TeeHee:D