Sunday, June 15, 2008

Surprise Baby Shower #2!

My family threw me a surprise baby shower over the weekend and disguised it as a Father's Day celebration! I received so many wonderful gifts and as far as having the gear necessary for when baby gets here, I feel completely set! Here's a run down of all the awesome things I received:
Changing pad, ultimate crib sheets (great for middle of the night blow-outs!), cloth diapers for burp clothes, bibs, two quilts handmade by one of my grandmothers, white newborn and 3 month onesies, Aveeno mom and baby gift set, rattle, hand knitted booties, a mirror for the car seat, bebePod seat and tray, stuffed animals, a gift basket including j&j bath products, Swaddlers, bath time toys, a head rest used inside the car seat for neck and head support, a rectal thermometer (baby's favorite gift!), a boppy pillow with handmade cover, monitor, and a ton of blankets, hooded towes, and cute outfits with matching booties and hats. Some of the things not pictured include an Arm's Reach co-sleeper, a case of diapers, and a check for the dream stroller that I have been drooling over for the past 6 months - the Valco Runabout Trimode! Another thing we received that is already in the china cabinet is a silver cup that was made for Roger when he was born. It has his name and birthdate engraved on the bottom of it and it was made by friends of Roger's family. It is very special and will be passed down through the DeJean generations!

Close up of all the cute outfits and other soft goods.
And for fun, I had Roger take a picture of me at almost 33 weeks in the same shirt that I wore in my 23 belly shot! Flash back to 10 weeks ago...
...and at 33 weeks!

4 comments:

Aimee said...

Sounds like you had a wonderful shower!

Wow - your belly sure has grown. You don't look like you've gained an ounce other than in your belly. Lucky duck! :-)

Donna V said...

What a great shower! It sounds like you are all set for when the baby arrives. I love the two pictures...you are all belly and look wonderful! :)

Cheryl said...

That's awesome your family threw you a surprise shower. You still look fantastic and I'm so jealous that the only thing growing on you is your belly. I also can't believe you are already at 33 weeks. That baby is going to arrive so soon!

Anonymous said...

That is great that you were surprised. I knew your Mom was talking about having one at the Cape so I have been waiting to hear about it.
What great presents too. All will come in very handy.