Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Doctor's appointment and baby hiccups

I had another doctor's appointment today (every two weeks) and the baby was head down...for a split second! Actually, the baby was head down during the entire appointment and I even had a case of baby hiccups while we were trying to listen to the heartbeat! Heartbeat was at 142.

Speaking of baby hiccups - I never thought I would be able to tell when the baby had them, but as soon as I felt them for the first time about a month back, I knew exactly what I was feeling! Basically, it's just a thump or a tap in the same spot every 5 seconds or so. They are really helpful in being able to determine how the baby is positioned because it gives you a reference point.

Sorry for such a boring post! We're wrapping up the bathroom project (haven't I been saying that for the past 3 months? - yes!) and next on the list is the nursery! I can't wait! I've been collecting decorating ideas and I can't wait to get started on some.

Here's a preview of some things/ideas I've collected:

On the wall with the dresser, I am going to build this plate rack style of moulding about 5 to 6 feet up on the wall (our walls are about 10 feet tall so there will be more white space than in this picture). Below the rack, I'll paint the walls white and above it, the green color which we picked out for the room - Jalapeno Jelly by Valspar. The rack will be used to hold a few canvas prints and maybe some wooden letters that spell out the baby's name.

To give you an idea of the color we're using, here's a picture of Jalapeno Jelly that I found on the internet.

The picture below better illustrates the white trimwork/color above the trimwork combo I am going for. Notice how the white trimwork kind of looks like an updated version of wainscoting. This is what I am wanting to achieve.

Lastly, I've purchased some wall murals (basically wall stickers) for one of the other walls. We don't have an overall theme for the baby's room, but I wanted to incorporate a tree like this to represent our family tree. The tree is completely customizeable - meaning you can position the branches and leaves however you want. And if it's a boy, we'll leave off the pink flowers!

7 comments:

Julia Goolia said...

I love all of your nursery ideas, of course. And baby hiccups? I never knew you could feel those but that has to be the coolest thing ever. You are getting so close, Christie!

Anonymous said...

Ugh, the nursery is going to be sickeningly fabulous. Love the color, love the plate rack, love the trimwork, LOVE the tree. Fab.U.Lous.

Cheryl said...

I love the ideas for the nursery and I can't wait to see the finished prduct. Then will you come help me finish all the rooms I've started and just never gotten around to finishing? HEHE, just kidding.
About the hiccups, one of my kids used to get them all the time and it actually kept me from sleeping sometimes because they had them for so long and it was so annoying.

Christie & Roger said...

Cheryl - I could see how the hiccups could keep you up since it's such a repetitive feeling - you find yourself waiting for the next one! Starting projects and finishing them halfway is the story of our lives! This baby is probably forcing us to be more proactive than we normally would! I've seen some of the work you've done on your house! I have to give you a lot of credit for redoing a bathroom with 3 kids! I can only imagine how crazy hectic that must have been!

Jenny said...

So is the baby head down now? That would be great!

Christie & Roger said...

It was at the appointment and it's had the hiccups two times since Wednesday and both times I could feel them low, which would mean the head is low so it looks like at least the baby has figured out how to get in that position. Now whether it will stay there or not is another question!

Mary Kay said...

cute idea with the tree. That will look great with the green. Also it is customizable (if that is a word) meaning you can add pink flowers if a girl and blue touches if a boy - i am still saying girl - the heart beat is telling me girl.