Monday, September 1, 2008

Lillie's first bath and other updates!

In the past week, I broke down and introduced the pacifier! Babies use sucking to soothe themselves and there are times when nothing else will work. I've been able to put her down at night without her pacifier because my fear is that she would develop the habit of needing it at night and then waking every 10 minutes when it falls out of her mouth.

Isn't this picture a riot! The pacifer takes up half of her face and it's supposedly a newborn size pacifier. Apparently, there are bigger ones out there for when they get older!


I also got brave and took Lillie for a walk in the sling I bought while I was pregnant. Check out her little foot hanging out!

Lillie's belly button finally fell off on day 21 and we were able to give her a real bath! Here's a few shots from this traumatizing event!


Her reaction right as she was going into the water -




Dad and Lillie relaxing after the whole ordeal.
Good night everyone!

7 comments:

Aimee said...

Lillie is so adorable! I think those slings are really interesting. I'd like to get one when we have kids. The bath seemed like quite an experience for her!

I enjoyed your post and look forward to more pictures of cute little Lillie!

Anonymous said...

Look at her little Buddha belly - too cute!!

Krissy said...

Such cute pics -- and you look great! Looking forward to seeing you in 27 days (if that still works for you)!!!!!!!

Maria said...

I love those pictures! She is adorable, and that pacifier is hilarious! The picture of her with daddy is squeezable. :-)

Unknown said...

Why is her belly so big?
I know when that happens to adults its usually a protein buildup. I haven't gotten to the digestion chapter in pediatrics yet! :P

Christie & Roger said...

Now you've got me worried about her belly - especially with her galactosemia! Get out your pediatrics books and let me know if it's anything to worry about!

Amy said...

Love all the pictures of Lillie- she did great with the bath!! I wouldn't worry about her tummy- Brooklyn's was the same and they always commented on how "good" that was. Wish it were the case at our age!!