Wednesday, January 30, 2008

A tribute to my first trimester

I've graduated to the second trimester and would like to share with you some highlights from my first trimester!

November 22, 2007 – 9dpo – First Craving
We were celebrating Thanksgiving with my family and I had no idea I was pregnant at the time. I went off on my mom about throwing out the relish tray because I wanted some of the pickled vegetable medley and marinated mushrooms! My aunt Helen even asked if I had something to tell the family!!!

November 28, 2007 – 15dpo – Positive pregnancy test
Believe it or not, I only took one pregnancy test, a digital one, to confirm my pregnancy when I was three days late.

December 22, 2007 – 7w4d – Told Roger’s family and received first baby gift.
Roger used the 2x4 method to tell his family that we were pregnant (his dad’s words!). He basically waited until everyone gathered in the kitchen and then just non-chalantly said “and Christie’s pregnant”! Claire gave us our first baby gift, a colorful toy lion that attaches over the baby’s car seat.

December 27, 2007 – 8w2d – First ultrasound
The baby measured right on track and a due date of August 6th was given. The baby’s heart rate was 167 beats per minute.

December 31, 2007 – 8w6d – Told friends officially
I made the announcement on our blog and emailed friends.

January 4th, 2008 – 9w3d – Food aversions seems to be passing
I had Chicken Chardonnay with my mom today at Roberto’s followed up by a chocolate lava cake and spumoni ice cream!

January 17th, 2008 – 11w2d - First prenatal yoga class. It was amazing! We do a lot of breathing techniques with the poses and I can definitely tell that I am benefiting from the stretching and relaxing!

January 22nd, 2008 – 12w4d - Second ultrasound. Roger was in town for this one and we were both amazed to see how much the baby had grown in four weeks. The heart rate was good at 155bpm and you could see individual fingers and toes. The baby was shadow boxing and kicking it’s legs all over the place! A new due date of August 1st was given.

January 24th, 2008 – 12w6d – Had a craving for fried pickles so I asked around and found a place in South County that serves them. I made Roger go with me after yoga class!!!

And onto the second trimester!

No comments: