Wednesday, January 30, 2008

I need your opinions

To give you a little background, our baby's future room will also be doubling as an office. We will no longer have a spare bedroom and my jewelry making supplies will either be moved to our bedroom or to an area in the basement. I had to choose between keeping the jewelry table or the computer table in the nursery and I chose to keep the office in the nursery due to the small beads and components that are involved in making jewelry. So, I need to incorporate both a nursery and an office into one room. Here are the pieces that I have picked out.

Crib - from C&B It's called the Straight Up Crib

This dresser is from Ikea - part of the Hemnes collection. I would switch out the knobs to something more whimsical once the baby arrives.

Finally, this is a desk from C&B that folds up and looks like a dresser when you're not using it. Inside, there is a sliding keyboard shelf, a sliding printer shelf, a legal/letter size filing drawer, and a place for a cpu. Unless I get a laptop, my black flat screen monitor would sit on top, along with my speakers.
I hadn't planned on doing both white and black furniture in the same room, but I'm having a hard time finding a white computer cabinet that doesn't take up a lot of space. I think I can make it work - I see people combine white and black in the same room and they pull it off just fine. What do you think?

2 comments:

The Bugala's said...

You can definitely pull off a black and white nursery for a girl. Think toile. I did a google search and found this:http://kewp.blogspot.com/2008/01/nursery.html

PS the earrings looked great!!

Julia Goolia said...

I love it all. I think b&w will go very nicely together. And I'm super pumped that I can post a comment on here now!! Whoo hoo.