Thursday, March 27, 2008

Surprise Baby Shower!

Well, as you can imagine, having a shower thrown for me by close friends at only 21 weeks along came as a complete shock! I was in Arkansas visiting college friends over Easter weekend and part of their plans included throwing me and another friend, Christy, a shower!
I was completely caught off guard and they even laughed at how obvious it should have been that something was up! Like, for example, some of the girls stayed back at the house where the shower was thrown while me and two of the other girls headed out to visit with some people who were also in town for Easter weekend. When we arrived back at the shower location an hour or two later, there were extra cars parked on the street. I suspected nothing but my friends were worried that I did! I was oblivious!
Here are the cute invitations from tinyprints.com. I knew exactly where they were from the second I saw them because I have always liked the design and thought it made for a good gender nuetral invite.
From top-left, going clockwise: Jen, Charlotte, Ashlee, Amy, Christy, and me! There were two other girls (Melissa & Amy) there that had to leave before we got around to taking a group picture.

Decorations including the cute cake that matches the balloon and the diaper cakes! The colors in mine will even match the nursery so I plan on leaving it together and using it as a decoration.


Close up of my diaper cake!
And the yummy cake - which we ate all weekend and Ashlee even sent us home with cake "doggie bags"!

The ladies of the afternoon - me and Christy. We're modeling cute tank tops that Ashlee made for us! They read "Preggo Princess" and I plan on wearing mine a lot (especially around Roger when I need his help with something!).

All the wonderful gifts! Included are a boppy pillow, booster seat, bouncer, burp clothes, stuffed frog, bath accessories like hooded towels, wash clothes, and a bath mat, books, a Little Einstein cd, and several very cute onsies and a sleepsack (whew! Did I get it all?!).
A very heartfelt thank you goes out to everyone who attended and had a hand in planning this surprise! I can honestly say I never saw it coming, but knowing what I know about each of you, I guess I shouldn't be so shocked that thought enough of Christy and I to do something special for us!

5 comments:

Jennifer said...

How fun!!! I love that tank top!

Anonymous said...

Oh, how sweet! Love the tank, and I LOL'ed IRL when I read that you plan on wearing it around Roger to get him to do stuff for you. Too funny!

Also, that little onsie with the turtle on it is too freaking cute!

Sherry said...

How FUN! I love that cake, it is so adorable. :)

Anonymous said...

Cute stuff--you'll LOVE the bouncy seat!!

Anonymous said...

I love new baby stuff. The tank shirt is great and you will look awsome in it. All the presents are perfect and very useful.